Thursday, November 15, 2012

New Years Eve Parties

When I speak to people about New Years parties I feel that they are divided on it. My experience in general has been that it is a time for businesses to overcharge, a time for people to drink too much and people are forced to be merry. I can recall one time when I had a memorable time out with my friends but generally speaking it has been... BLAH!

Then came children, hoorah! I am not forced to go to boring New Years parties anymore because now I can stay at home with my family and have fun with them and not feel the need to be chuffed that I have managed to find someone to go partying with and to drink excessively, because that is the done thing. I can drink a few home made cocktails, eat home made food and dance with the kids and best of all I am not hung over the day after and can enjoy a fried breakfast. To add to our, what I consider to be a splendid evening at home, my best friend, Rebecca stays the night with her dog (the kids love this) and we watch chick flicks and merrily drink a few glasses of wine and have a chat without having to shout over load speakers and banging music. Best of all, I do not have to participate in any stupid party games some fool has made-up.

I am very happy to spend my evening with my husband, best friend and her dog and my kids and enjoy an evening that we all agree on, relax and be merry!

If you insist on doing something and want to spend it with your children, here are a few ideas that I like too!

Baby Zone  Craft ideas
Spoonful Party ideas Party Ideas
BabyLondon Stay in London

What are your thoughts on New Years?

No comments: