Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Countdown to Christmas has begun


Yes, it is getting very close to Christmas day and the turkey has been ordered, the veg box from Able & Cole will be arriving soon and so will my parents.

We had a fun black tie event last weekend and we had fun having photos taken in the photo booth and gambling with pretend money. On Sunday we went to The Old Drum, where H.G. Wells once dined and they also serve amazing chips and also provides great service too (since it has been taken over). It was nice being a childless couple for a night and day, I have to admit, even though I missed them when I woke up in the morning.

Yesterday I found the Christmas tree on the floor! A little top heavy perhaps. So I had to redecorate it. What I do love about this tree this year is it sheds its needles so that you can that lovely pine smell and I also love the way the branch is curved and how the star sits on the top.

One last thing, I went to my daughters schools Christingles Service at the local church and it was lovely, I have never been to one before but basically the kids sang songs, recreated the nativity and swapped the money they had put together for less fortunate kids and got the Christingles they made at school. To learn more about Christingles see here.

No comments: