Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Glossybox UK


It has taken me some time to consider whether it would be worth my while jumping on the beauty box bandwagon and investing in Glossybox. I have read a number of negative reviews on the social media platforms recently and there are a number of disgruntled customers who have been unsubscribing and some switching to Birchbox which even I considered subscribing to. But I decided to sign-up once I saw what was in the March Glossybox since the products were of interest to me. I have signed up for three months in total. I received this package a few days ago and wanted to test out some of the products before writing up a beauty review. So here it is...

...The courier knocked on my door and after much anticipation of receiving this little box I took care before I opened it. Normally I would rip open a new package but I was a little apprehensive and was almost building myself up to be disappointed after all the mixed blog posts I had read. The outer box was a bit bruised from all its travel, not a good sign I thought. I opened it carefully and considerately to find a lovely, un-spoilt, sturdy pink box. I opened it to find a travel book with lots of  useful information about places to visit in certain countries and a bunch of fun stickers which I have used to cover my Glossybox.


Also included was a information leaflet, describing the contents of my box and the prices etc. It was time to unwrap the black tissue paper and undo the pretty pink ribbon.

I was thrilled to see inside:

L'Occitane En Provence Immortal Precious Cream. It smells nice, not over powering and it is a nice silky smooth cream. A great size too for a sample. I would purchase this for sure.

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream. This cream has won awards! A number of bloggers complained of the smell since it is meant to be fragrance free. Let's think about that shall we? I mean, there is always going to be a smell from ingredients, very little is odorless and this product does not claim to be odorless but fragrance free, there is a difference. Yes there is a little smell to it but once it has been rubbed in and absorbed the smell disappears within a few minutes. It instantly makes the skin smooth and moisturized. Sample size was very small, I bet you could get this as a freebie, nevertheless another winner for me.

Jelly Pong Lip Blush. Got to say I am not a fan of the name of this item, Jelly and Pong!!! Oh well, nothing I can change about that. Having said that, if this had not been in my beauty box I would never had considered purchasing it if I has seen it in a store. I was pleasantly surprised to find this to be a lovely, beautiful colour and it stays on! Better than a lot of lipsticks. I received the full sized product. Very pleased to say the least.

Nails Inc Bruton St. I am so please that I got this colour, I love it, it is great for work, not an overpowering colour at all.

Tresemme Hairspray. Not going to complain about having hairspray in the box, there is always a need for it and it is in a handy travel size too.

All in all I am very, very happy with what was in my Glossybox. I will use everything in it. I should add, I did not fill out the form asking for my details and skin routine etc. I am glad I did not, at least that way I will not be disappointed.

Glossybox, as a first time beauty box subscriber you exceeded my expectations. Now lets see what the next two will bring...

No comments: