Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Save the Bees

If you are not aware nor concerned about the bee population you really should read-up on it. If bees disappear it will have a devastating affect on the food we eat and the life we have. Scientists are baffled by the phenomenon. I think the belief is the amount of pesticides being used in farming. This site, Soil Association can answers some questions you may have and what we can do to help.  

Without bees we would not have honey, bees wax and lovely organic products we use today. Let's help to save the bees

I really like Burt's Bees products. I keep this Beeswax Lip Balm in my pocket. I have had this a while and seems to last. When applied to the lips it has a tingling sensation which is nice and refreshing somehow and it definitely works and I love that is is natural. However, I prefer lip balms where I do not have to rub it on my finger first, it also takes a bit of time to warm-up before it can be applied to the lips.

Hand cream free in Marie Claire
Bee Lovely

I bought the Marie Claire magazine this week and they had a free 50ml hand cream by Neal's Yard Remedies, Covent Garden which is worth a tenner. It is a nice thick cream with a yellow tinge and it smells delightful enough to eat. Ingredients include natural honey and orange essential oils, it smells lovely I can't get enough of it and it can be used on children aged three upwards. My skin was instantly smooth and I used it on the daughters hands which are very dry at the moment and she loved it (she is under five years old).

I am increasingly into my natural products, the less chemical products we put on our bodies the better. These natural products are a definite bonus for me. I can also use them on my kids without feeling guilty.

No comments: