Saturday, March 30, 2013

The Goddess Experience

The Goddess Experience by Gisele Scanlon



I have seen reviews on this book recently in blog posts and though I can be skeptical at times of other peoples ideas of what is good or bad, let's face it, it comes down to personal opinion. I thought I would give this a try and get a copy off Amazon. This book was published in 2008 and even though it is a little dated this book is not out of date completely. I was lucky enough to find a very good quality second hand version on Amazon and paid a mere £2.14 with free delivery. And to top it off it is a signed copy too.

I have read a few chapters so far and am finding it extremely engaging and I love the use of Gisele's language as I can relate to it, not that I am Irish but I am a northern girl living in the south. Her writing is very up-beat and high energy, very entertaining and funny. I am enjoying her pursuit for happiness and quizzing people about what makes them happy, why they spend hours queuing for tasty delights and how she talks to hotel lampshades! What tickled me the most was how she remembers the name of the French hotel.  I could go on but even though this book is based on 2008 don't let that dissuade you, get a second hand copy.

No comments: