Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy New Year!

One of my new year resolutions but I prefer to call them goals; is to read a book once a month. What puts me off about book reading is, normally I am out and about I don't have the space for a book, I also find books takes so much space up in the home, also when we have moved we have had boxes of the things, more than anything else. I rarely read the same story twice, it has to be damned good for me to want to reread. Don't get me wrong there is nothing more lovely than browsing a book store and I think children's literature, particularly picture books are necessary. However, I have succumbed to an e-reader, where I can carry many books around with me, will never loose a page and will not have to recycle a book that perhaps I wished I had not.

I have chosen the Kindle Paperwhite. My first ever e-reader. I am so glad I waited. This has all the gadgets I am looking for and what is important is it has a light so it can be read in the evenings without disturbing anyone in my household. I can't wait for the delivery, I have a long list of books I want to read. 

Happy New Year!

No comments: