Monday, February 3, 2014

Pah! To Valentines Day


Do people really care about Valentines Day? A marketing ploy to get us to spend more money? Or is it a time for smooching, hoping that certain someone will send a card or flowers then finding that you get nothing. Perhaps a time to pop the question. 

You know, I don't care if I am taken out on Valentines Day or even given a card. Often my husband and I prefer not to do anything because we are far too busy with more important stuff. Am I being a bit bah hum buggish? Perhaps I am. 

In the past I have received red roses and eaten at fancy restaurants in a time when I was dating my lovely boyfriend who is now my husband. But when I was a teenager, waiting and hoping that a certain boy would send me a message whilst the other girls got cards well it certainty didn't encourage me to love it. I decided that Valentines was best kept to those.... I will stop there. 

I never lost hope that one day I may get something lovely and I have and did. 


No comments: