Sunday, December 7, 2014

Consignment Store

I love to browse through gently used clothing and furniture stores. I don't know what it is but it is fun rummaging through things. Perhaps it has something to do with when I was a kid, I would often go to jumble sales (a UK term) with my mum. Not as sophisticated as the second hand shops are today. You really have to know which ones to go to, there are some great charity shops that house great clothes and accessories then there are others that have tat in them. However, the independent owned consignment stores are more selective in what they take and you tend to find designer names and barely used clothes and jewelry.

I have found two stores in my area that sell lovely clothing. I have bought a fabulous black party dress from Fabulous for Less and in La Boutique Consignment I got a lovely Coach clutch bag with a nice Coach coin purse to go with.  The clutch bag and coin purse came with a gift, a necklace, the store has a promotion on, well it is the season.


My lovely Coach clutch. It looks much better in person. I don't normally go for animal prints but this has a lovely glittery sheen and has a lilac inner lining. It is barely used. I will be using it for the Christmas party.


This is the necklace I got from La Boutique. It will go with everything, it has a slight hint of brown to it and the colour can look darker or lighter depending on the lighting and what it is being worn with. This will go great with my black polo beck top which will be worn the day after the party event.

No comments: